[smokeping-users] Curl not showing packet loss [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

David Bissell david.bissell at abs.gov.au
Mon May 19 05:42:50 CEST 2008

I've upgraded to bersion 2.3.2 of Smokeping (from 2.0.4) and curl no longer
appears to be showing timeouts as packet loss.

As an example, a webpage with a response of usually 300ms went down for a
few days.  In the old version of smokeping (running simultaneously with the
new one) this showed as a total loss of packets.

On the new version, it showed as one massive spike plateau at 10 seconds,
which I believe is the default timeout value.  The configs for the target
in both versions are the same.

Am I doing something wrong here?

Regards,

David Bissell