[smokeping-users] Smoketrace Error

G.W. Haywood ged at jubileegroup.co.uk
Mon Sep 1 13:53:09 CEST 2008

Hi there,

On Mon, 1 Sep 2008, BREUVART Jean-Jacques wrote:

> When I try to lanch a traceroute I receive the following error from IE
> (6.0):
>
> "Problems with this web page, etc...)
> Line: 16844
> Char: 9
> Error: '$5' is null or not an object
> Code: 0
>
> Any ideas ?

Your version of traceroute is probably incompatible with Smokeping (or
vice versa:).  I've had similar trouble with other modules.  Check all
the version numbers of the various tools being used, you may need to
upgrade one or more of them.

In general when reporting problems it's a good idea to tell people a
lot more information, like what operating systems you're using, what
versions of the software etc.  The version of the browser isn't much
use to anyone.

--

73,
Ged.