[smokeping-users] Holes in graphs

Peter Kristolaitis alter3d at alter3d.ca
Wed Apr 22 19:58:06 CEST 2009

The probe defined right under the "*** Targets ***" clause is treated as
the default probe for all hosts if you don't specify one.   Explicitly
specifying a probe for a host/host group is basically just an override.

The same logic is applied to pretty much everything in SmokePing's
config file, by the way:  any time you go from a one configuration
directive to a 'child' one (e.g. +option to ++suboption), the child
inherits all of the options of the parent unless you override them, and
the child's children inherit the overridden settings unless you override
them again.

- Peter

(Sorry for the dupe email, Eric, just resending for the benefit of the
list -- my original reply got queued for approval due to message size,
and I figured it was easier to cancel it and just truncate the reply.)
//