[smokeping-users] Problem with tr.cgi and traceroute location

Jubal Kessler jubal-smokeping-20090423 at cheeze.org
Thu Apr 23 17:35:50 CEST 2009

Greetings,

I'm using smokeping version 2.4.2 on FreeBSD. When I use tr.html, I see
this error:

   Can't exec "traceroute": No such file or directory at
/usr/local/smokeping/lib/Qooxdoo/Services/Tqr.pm line 34.

Line 34 shows:

   system "traceroute","-I","-q","1",$host;

On FreeBSD, traceroute is in /usr/sbin. If I symlink
/usr/sbin/traceroute to /usr/bin/traceroute, it'll work. I'd rather not
do this from a maintenance standpoint (someday I'm going to forget that
I made the symlink, and tr.html will again show the error). Might you
have a better suggestion?

Thanks,

Jubal