[smokeping-users] Smokeping on fedora10

Jonte Regnéll jonte+smokeping at yojimbo.org
Wed Feb 4 01:43:09 CET 2009

> See >> below...
[removed excessive quote]
>>> I try to put what you typed below into the smokeping.conf file, but
>>> then I can't get to the page.
As I said, this adds complexity and should only be added once everything
else is working. I will now assume that you have a otherwise working setup
of smokeping and that you want to go for the extra credit.

>>>Where exactly does it go?  Between <Directory "/usr/share/smokeping">
>>>and </Directory> ?
Yes, anywhere, but for readability I normally place it at the top.

>>>Can you give me an example?  Otherwise, everything looks great right now
> :)

<Directory "/usr/share/smokeping" >
  SetHandler perl-script
  PerlResponseHandler ModPerl::Registry
  PerlOptions +ParseHeaders
  Options ExecCGI
  Order deny,allow
  Deny from all
  Allow from <your IP and/or your domainname.tla goes here>
</Directory>

> new problem...  I can view the smokeping page perfectly from localhost,
> but from the internet, I get: Forbidden

Yes, you need to add your preferred list address ranges and or domains to
the allow statement above. For more in depth understanding of how to
configure this see http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/howto/access.html

Please note that the three first lines in the "Directory" declaration are
only relevant if you use "mod_perl"

Regards,
  Jonte.