[smokeping-users] Sorters - What does %f expand to?

Marc Haber mh+smokeping-users at zugschlus.de
Thu Jan 15 15:23:03 CET 2009

Hi,

I am wondering what %f in a sorter expands to. For example, if I have
the configuration (taken from Sorter - Loss):

        ++ loss
         sorter = Loss(entries=>10)
         title = The Loosers
         menu = Loss
         format = Packets Lost %f

I have - for a target which is completely offline - "Packets Lost
20.0000" in the webinterface. For a target which has "all green", it
says "Packets Lost -1.00000". What does that mean, and where is it
documented?

Same goes for %f in other sorter configuration, where I am unable to
find the number that %f expands to anywhere in the graphics that are
generated for these targets.

Are there other expansion variables that might be useful?

I must be missing some docs, can somebody please point me towards them?

Greetings
Marc