[smokeping-users] Sorters - What does %f expand to?

Chris Krough chris at krough.org
Thu Jan 15 16:24:31 CET 2009

Formats are documented here:
http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool/doc/rrdgraph_graph.en.html

"%f" is not documented there, and I don't know if %f is valid on it's
own, but you should be able to fix it up with the formatting info on
that page.

Chris

On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 8:23 AM, Marc Haber
<mh+smokeping-users at zugschlus.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am wondering what %f in a sorter expands to. For example, if I have
> the configuration (taken from Sorter - Loss):
>
>        ++ loss
>         sorter = Loss(entries=>10)
>         title = The Loosers
>         menu = Loss
>         format = Packets Lost %f
>
> I have - for a target which is completely offline - "Packets Lost
> 20.0000" in the webinterface. For a target which has "all green", it
> says "Packets Lost -1.00000". What does that mean, and where is it
> documented?
>
> Same goes for %f in other sorter configuration, where I am unable to
> find the number that %f expands to anywhere in the graphics that are
> generated for these targets.
>
> Are there other expansion variables that might be useful?
>
> I must be missing some docs, can somebody please point me towards them?
>
> Greetings
> Marc
>
> --

Chris Krough

"Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves, or we know
where we can find information on it." --  Samuel Johnson