[smokeping-users] Master/Slave configuration trouble

Eric Chatham echatham at broadvox.com
Wed Jun 10 19:03:59 CEST 2009

On Wednesday, June 10, 2009 12:50, Ged wrote,

> I'd probably make the file owned by the same user that's running the
> daemon which needs to read the file, and make the permissions 600
> (rw,none,none).

When I try the last one you mentioned, I still get permission denied on the slave servers.  Originally, I had 700 as the permissions when I first started trying this.  What user is trying to read the master from the slave?  The smokeping process is run by root on both slaves and the master.  Does the apache user/group try to read the master config from the slaves?

CONFIDENTIAL.  This e-mail and any attached files are confidential and should be destroyed and/or returned if you are not the intended and proper recipient.