[smokeping-users] Master/Slave configuration trouble

G.W. Haywood ged at jubileegroup.co.uk
Thu Jun 11 08:31:59 CEST 2009

Hi Eric,

On Wed, 10 Jun 2009, Eric Chatham wrote:

> WARNING: I expected protocol 2 and got ? from slave laxvpn001. I will skip this.

[extract from /usr/share/perl5/smokeping/Smokeping/Master.pm on one of my systems]
# -*- perl -*-
package Smokeping::Master;
use Data::Dumper;
use Storable qw(nstore_fd dclone fd_retrieve);
use strict;
use warnings;
use Fcntl qw(:flock);
use Digest::HMAC_MD5 qw(hmac_md5_hex);
# keep this in sync with the Slave.pm part
# only update if you have to force a parallel upgrade
my $PROTOCOL = "2";

=head1 NAME

Smokeping::Master - Master Functionality for Smokeping

=head1 OVERVIEW

This module handles all special functionality required by smokeping running
in master mode.
[/extract]

Looks like you're using versions of Smokeping which are different on
the master and the slave.  I'd suggest that you bring both up to date.

--

73,
Ged.