[smokeping-users] Question about upgrading from 2.2.7 to 2.4.2

Eric Chatham echatham at broadvox.com
Thu Jun 11 16:03:51 CEST 2009

Hello,

I have a master/slave setup for Smokeping.  The master server has Smokeping 2.4.2 installed.  The slaves are an older version (2.2.7).  I was looking at the Smokeping website for the upgrade process.  I was wondering what would be the most effective way to get 2.2.7 upgraded to 2.4.2.  Also, would I need to upgrade RRD Tool and the other development libraries?  Without considering the RRD Tool upgrade or development library upgrades, I was going to download the newest version of Smokeping (on slaves) and extract in the same directory where we have Smokeping ping installed now.

Eric Chatham