[smokeping-users] Detailed graph flat green line

G.W. Haywood ged at jubileegroup.co.uk
Tue May 26 15:30:08 CEST 2009

Hi there,

On Tue, 26 May 2009, Fabian Phang wrote:

> Windows XP
> Smokeping 2.2.4

That's a rather old version - can you upgrade it?

> Flat Green Line
> http://g.imagehost.org/0044/Smokeping_2.jpg

Data all seems to be zero.  You should enable debugging (see the
Smokeping documentation) and look at the debug output in the logs.
Unfortunately I have no idea where the logs will be on your system.

> CMD Ping to Host
> http://g.imagehost.org/0978/Smokeping_3.jpg

That implementation of ping doesn't seem to be giving fractional
values for the RTT.  Make sure that your FPing can do that, or your
graphs will look a bit silly.  I once had a problem with a host which
didn't have a suitable interval timer and ping gave RTTs in multiples
of four milliseconds.  It might be that you have a similar problem.
My solution was just to enable TSC on booting the kernel.

--

73,
Ged.