[smokeping-users] Smokeping without a webserver

G.W. Haywood ged at jubileegroup.co.uk
Fri Nov 20 13:10:26 CET 2009

Hi there,

On Fri, 20 Nov 2009, [ISO-8859-1] Kelemen Zoltán wrote:

> I'm looking for a way to run smokeping & generate it's graphs
> without running it through a webserver.  [snip] I don't need a fancy
> webpage, I don't need menus and I might want to get away with
> something more lightweight than a cgi-enabled apache installation.

You need a different tool.  Look at 'collectd' for example, which can
probably do anything you need.  I use it quite a lot - but I also use
Smokeping.  Unless you have serious security concerns (for example you
work for a large finance corporation:) I think you've no need to worry
about running Apache and Smokeping, although I will admit that between
them they can chew up quite a lot of resources.

--

73,
Ged.