[smokeping-users] Forcing SNMP over TCP vs. UDP

Peter Kristolaitis alter3d at alter3d.ca
Tue Feb 2 20:06:09 CET 2010

Hmm.... I don't have Cisco gear handy to test with, nor am I a Cisco
expert, so I'm just guessing here, but here's some things to consider/try:

- IOS version -- is that router running at least IOS 12.0(3)T ?  The
probe documentation states that the iosint function isn't available to
IOS versions prior to that.

- Double-check that the address you have for the iosint parameter is
actually an address bound to an interface on that router.

- Are SNMP privileges sufficient to allow the operation? (e.g. do you
need to grant specific SNMP privileges to the community/host in order to
do source-address binding?)

- Do you have the right versions of the dependencies, specifically
SNMP_Session.pm?  You need at least v0.97 according to the probe
documentation.   Run something like    grep '$VERSION' `find / -name
SNMP_Session.pm`  (or check your distribution's package manifests, etc)

- Peter