[smokeping-users] Switch to Switch with TelnetIOSPing

Tony DeMatteis tonyd at commspeed.net
Thu Feb 4 13:52:18 CET 2010

Greetings,

I'm attempting to set up a graph showing the latency between two
microwave sites.  In this case, I would like to have switch A ping
switch B and visa versa.  It doesn't seem like I've been successful.  I
get data for both checks from Config Option 1, but switch B's numbers
reveal that it's pinging itself.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

TD

# ------------------------ #
# TelnetIOSPing Definition
# ------------------------ #

+ TelnetIOSPing

forks = 5
offset = 50%
packetsize = 56
step = 300
timeout = 15
iospass = [removed for post]
iosuser = [removed for post]
pings = 20

# ---------------------- #
# Graph / Latency Checks #
# ---------------------- #

#
# Config Option 1 (Kind of works)
#

+++ Switch-to-Switch
menu = A <-> B                                         title = Switch 1
(Site A) / Switch 1 (Site B) [PTP Microwave Link]
probe = TelnetIOSPing
host = /switches/A /switches/B
source = /switches/B /switches/A

+ switches

++ A
menu = Switch 1 Site A
host = 10.1.0.10

++ B
menu = Switch 1 Site B
host = 10.1.0.20

# I have also tried this version of a configuration - this doesn't graph
the switches at all

#
# Config Option 2 (Doesn't work)
#

+++ Switch-to-Switch
menu = A <-> B                                         title = Switch 1
(Site A) / Switch 1 (Site B) [PTP Microwave Link]
host = /switches/A /switches/B

+ switches

++ A
menu = Switch 1 Site A