[smokeping-users] Slave Error - unknown login: %%USER%%

Chris Gotstein chris at uplogon.com
Tue Feb 16 21:29:23 CET 2010

I recently upgraded smokeping on FreeBSD 7.2 from smokeping-2.4.2_3 to
smokeping-2.4.2_5.  The master starts up fine, but when i try to start
the slaves, i get the following error:

ns3# /usr/local/etc/rc.d/smokeping start
Starting smokeping.
su: unknown login: %%USER%%

I have no idea what this means, worked fine before the upgrade.  I have
2 slaves that talk to the master and they both give the exact same error
message.  Anyone have any ideas?

--
Chris Gotstein, Sr Network Engineer, UP Logon/Computer Connection UP
http://uplogon.com | +1 906 774 4847 | chris at uplogon.com