[smokeping-users] The Smoke
chris+smokeping at aptivate.org
Thu Feb 11 14:06:37 CET 2010
On Thu, 11 Feb 2010, Thomas Klein wrote:
> I have setup my table in a misleading way. Each Val column was meant as
> one measurement of 10 values numbered from 1-10. This columns are
> already sorted and the median should be 5.
Yes, both Tobias and I misread it, but it doesn't matter, you can still
apply the same procedures I described in my email, in the other direction.
> Is there an easy way for me to create example graphs with such values to
> be able to explain this to other people based on pictures?
Either build a low bandwidth simulator using dummynet:
and smokeping across it, or draw some graphs by hand in a drawing program
like Inkscape, or just remember this:
* the lightest grey is for the most outlying packets (the fastest and the
* the darkest grey is for the ones closest to the median
* darker layers go over lighter
* so the amount of light smoke you see is the distance between the
outliers and the main bunch
* and the amount of dark smoke you see is the spread of the main bunch.
Aptivate | http://www.aptivate.org | Phone: +44 1223 760887
The Humanitarian Centre, Fenner's, Gresham Road, Cambridge CB1 2ES
Aptivate is a not-for-profit company registered in England and Wales
with company number 04980791.
More information about the smokeping-users