[smokeping-users] Certainly silly question

Peter Kristolaitis alter3d at alter3d.ca
Mon Jun 7 19:00:41 CEST 2010

Hi David;

Answers inline...

On 6/7/2010 12:40 PM, David Anderson wrote:
> Love the program always have, and set it up every place I go. On the
> charts displayed is the lowercase u supposed to mean micro while the
> lowercase m is indicating milli? As in microseconds and milliseconds?

Correct.

> If this is the case, is there a way to configure it so that it only
> uses one or the other? - I would like to show consistent charts
> without having to indicate which is which. While I understand this may
> create a bunch of flat lines, I think it would be easier for the end
> users looking at it.

To my knowledge, this isn't possible with SmokePing itself -- at least
not from the SmokePing config files.  However, SmokePing simply uses the
rrdtool methods to generate a graph, and you can perform some
manipulation of vertical scale data with rrdgraph.   So... if you were
willing to modify the SmokePing source code, you could probably
accomplish what you want (by changing the parameters it passes to the
rrdgraph functions).  However, there is no out-of-the-box option to do
this AFAIK.