[smokeping-users] Graphs omitting exceptional data?

enmbghc5we at snkmail.com enmbghc5we at snkmail.com
Wed Jun 9 18:39:21 CEST 2010

I am trying to collect statistics on a link that occasionally has ping
times easily five times its norm.  For example, the data I'm
interested in right now is:

9.99
10.0
12.8
13.3
14.6
15.2
15.5
16.1
16.4
17.3
18.2
18.6
20.7
35.2
89.9
383.7
443.9
509.1

The graphs that smokeping generates, however, seem to crop that data
out, and that's the data I'm actually most interested in.  The graph
that contains that set of data has its max at about 35, which means
that the top four data points are not shown at all.

How can I modify smokeping so that the graphs always show all of the
data?  I've tried commenting out the --lower-limit, --upper-limit, and
--rigid arguments in Smokeping.pm, and it moves in the right direction
(max 40), but the data is still not all showing up.

--
Bitt Faulk