[smokeping-users] Is there a probe that I can use to get RRT between 2 Cisco routes.

Mersberger, Robert robert.mersberger at goldenliving.com
Tue Mar 9 17:56:38 CET 2010

Is this possible with Smokeping.

I was wondering if you could provide me with answers and guidance about using Smokeping.
I am currently running version 20070126 on Linux 2.2.11.4-21-bibsmp server using rrdtools. I would like to upgrade to either the latest or newer version of Smokeping but have limited experience working with any Unix.  I took over this server and application after the prior server owner left the company.

1. What do I need to do to accomplish this upgrade and keep or migrate my current data?

2. Is there a probe that will allow me to capture RRT between two remote routers. primary is in California and Other is in OHIO.  My server is in Arkansas
    and we use bgp and mpls for our backbone.  All router are Cisco 2811's

I would appreciate any help or advice you could provide.

Thanks

Robert Mersberger
LAN Consultant, Information Technology
Phone 479-201-3442
Fax 479-478-3837
Email robert.mersberger at goldenliving.com
www.Goldenliving.com
Golden Living
1000 Fianna Way
Fort Smith, AR 72919

CONFIDENTIAL NOTICE:
This e-mail message and any attachment(s) (collectively,
this 'Email') are intended only for the confidential use of
the recipient(s) named above. If the reader of this message
is not the intended recipient named above or an agent
responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient
named above, you have received this Email in error.
Please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete
this Email and any copies thereof.