[smokeping-users] Removing all historical data

Josh Luthman josh at imaginenetworksllc.com
Fri May 21 19:03:51 CEST 2010

I must doing something wrong.  If I kill Smokeping, delete the data and then
start it, the content still shows up.

The data isn't generating, either.  It may be Smokeping is not writing any
new data.  /var/www/html/smokeping (where the content is) is owned by the
web server.

I start Smokeping with --debug and it says:

Smokeping version 2.003006 successfully launched.
Not entering multiprocess mode with '--debug'. Use '--debug-daemon' for
that.
FPing: probing 23 targets with step 300 s and offset 4 s.
FPing: Executing /usr/sbin/fping -C 20 -q -B1 -r1 -i(all my hosts)

Any suggestion on where to look for the problem?

Josh Luthman
Office: 937-552-2340
Direct: 937-552-2343
1100 Wayne St
Suite 1337
Troy, OH 45373

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue
that counts.”
--- Winston Churchill