[smokeping-users] plotting a continuous ping

Chris Picton chris at ecntelecoms.com
Tue Oct 19 11:58:13 CEST 2010

Hi all

I would like to have a continuous ping running across my network for
various hosts, and then use smokeping to plot this data.

I can run something like this:
fping -Q 60 -l  <hostlist>

This gives me an output every 60 seconds which contains stats for the
previous 60 seconds - I would like to try get that output into
smokeping, using a 60 second step in my rrd

However, the smokeping probes run a command at each interval, whereas I
would like to send data into smokeping from an external script at each
interval.

Is this possible - does anyone have any ideas how to achieve this?

Chris