[smokeping-users] inconsistencies in smokeping_config documentation ***Targets*** section

mgd at interbaun.com mgd at interbaun.com
Fri Dec 2 00:29:30 CET 2011

Thank you, Greg

Yes, I ended up defining all my parent alerts in one line in the Targets file:

alerts =
bigloss,someloss,startloss,rttdetect,anydelay,rttdetectbccable,rttdetectcube

Then, for each target, I defined alerts uniquely, such as:

++ SquarePE
menu = SquarePE
title = SquarePE
host = 1.2.3.4
alerts = bigloss

++ CubeCE
menu = CubeCE
title = CubeCE
host = 4.3.2.1
alerts = rttdetectcube

But, as you suggest, I could also have created a dummy or do nothing
alert and assigned that to Targets for which I do not need email alerts.