[smokeping-users] RemoteFPing problem

Glenn Andersson glenn.andersson at axis.com
Fri Jul 8 14:16:04 CEST 2011

Hi users.

My Probes config file looks like this:

+ FPing

binary = /usr/bin/fping

+ RemoteFPing

binary = /usr/bin/ssh
rbinary = /usr/bin/fping
rhost = proxy.domain.com

++ RemoteFPingChaos

rbinary = /usr/local/sbin/fping
rhost = anotherproxy.domain.com

And I specified to use both RemoteFPing and RemoteFPingChaos on hosts (not the same probe for the same host thou) example:

probe = FPing

+ host1
                             menu = host1
                             title = host1
                             host = host1.domain.com

+ host2
                             menu = host2
                             title = host2
                             probe = RemoteFPing
                             host = host2.domain.com

+ host3
                             menu = host3
                             title = host3
                             probe = RemoteFPingChaos
                             host = host3.domain.com

But when I try and restart smokeping with this setup I get:

Reloading latency logger daemon configuration...ERROR: /etc/smokeping/config.d/Targets, line 97: probe RemoteFPing missing from the Probes section.

Am I doing something really stupid here or what is it?

Best regards,
Glenn Andersson