[smokeping-users] Issue getting SipSak probe to work

Steven Stromer filter at stevenstromer.com
Thu Jul 14 00:47:42 CEST 2011

I can't get smokeping to load once I add the SipSak probe:

+ SipSak
binary = /usr/bin/sipsak

Calling the smokeping binary directly returns:

$ /opt/smokeping/bin/smokeping
require Smokeping::probes::SipSak failed: Can't locate Smokeping/probes/SipSak.pm in @INC (@INC contains: .. /opt/smokeping/lib /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto/RRDs/ /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi ....[perl paths].. .) at (eval 27) line 3, <File> line 275.

When I search for SipSak.pm in /opt/smokeping/lib/Smokeping/probes it is not listed there. On the assumption that, similar to other probes, the appropriate perl modules are required, I've installed Net::SIP:

cpan[2]> install Net::SIP
Net::SIP is up to date (0.62).

This has not caused SipSak.pm to appear. Any ideas what I have to do to get this probe running?

Much thanks,

Steven