[smokeping-users] Smokeping Master/Slave permission/denied problem

Peter Kristolaitis alter3d at alter3d.ca
Sat Jun 18 16:10:25 CEST 2011

The file needs to be readable by the user that Smokeping is running as
on the master.   If the file is owned by root and you set permissions
0440 on it, then the Smokeping user can't read it.

You should change the ownersip of the file so that your Smokeping user
can read it;  for example, if Smokeping runs as _smokeping, you could do:

chown _smokeping:root /etc/smokeping/smokeping_secrets
chmod 0660 /etc/smokeping/smokeping_secrets

- Peter