[smokeping-users] RRD parameter mismatch ('Different number of data sources...)

Steven Stromer filter at stevenstromer.com
Wed Jun 22 00:06:07 CEST 2011

Hi List,

I've Googled all around for the better part of the day, and found multiple instances of this error, all unresolved. If anyone can help, it would be much appreciated! smokeping is continuously restarting with the following two messages in an endless loop:

org.macports.smokeping[30235]	Error: RRD parameter mismatch ('Different number of data sources: /opt/local/var/smokeping/LAN_to_DOMAIN_HOST_Pings/Mail_Server_url.rrd has 23, create string has 8'). You must delete /opt/local/var/smokeping/LAN_to_DOMAIN_HOST_Pings/Mail_Server_url.rrd or fix the configuration parameters.

com.apple.launchd[1]	(org.macports.smokeping) Throttling respawn: Will start in 9 seconds

Deleting the file 'Mail_Server_url.rrd' does not resolve the issue. Where can I correct the configuration parameters, or otherwise repair this issue?

Your assist is much appreciated!

Steven Stromer