[smokeping-users] understanding the overview graph

Chris Edwards chris-smokeping at skipnote.org
Thu May 5 12:56:21 CEST 2011

Hi,

So I hopefully understand the "Detail" graph, how the smoke elegantly
shows the variation in response times, and why most smoke is above the
median line.

But I'm struggling to understand the "Overview" (and also Multihost)
graphs, where there is a coloured area around the main lines.  And unlike
the Detail graph, this Overview coloured area always seems to be equal in
height both above and below the line.  I can't see how it relates to the
smoke info on the Detail graph.

Can anyone tell me what this coloured area in the Overview graph means ?

Sorry for being thick!

Chris