[smokeping-users] Migrate RRD data to seperate server

Smokeping slt smokeping123 at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 9 13:27:13 CEST 2012

hi all,

Im experiencing heavy I/O in my smokeping server. Because of  that it is required to migrate my rrd folder to separate server and redirect smokeping data to that server.
My config file attached here.

Here are the steps I followed.
1) Create remote mount point to the smokeping server

 vi /etc/fstab --------------------------->  //<remote-ip>/smokeping   /mnt/smokeping cifs username=xxx,password=xxx 0 0

2) I think my all rrd files stored in /usr/local/smokeping/var/data .Then I copied all rrd data to the newer folder in remote server

3) I created a soft link ---------------->  cd /usr/local/smokeoping/var
                                                         ln -s data /mnt/smokeping

I can successfully access the remote mount point. During that time It did not update the graphs in my web server.(attached graph) .

http://smokeping/smokeping/smokeping.cgi/test-node

 Then I revert back the config to my previous one.

Please provide me a way to migrate all my rrd files in smokeping server to remote one. I cannot understand why my method did not work.

What is the actual file location of my rrd file ? Am I accessing to wrong data. Please help me

thanks