[smokeping-users] After a lot of alerts, smokeping do not update the rrd anymore

Nicolas KARP liste at karp.fr
Thu Aug 9 13:44:43 CEST 2012

I think it's more related to the time spent by smokeping to do his Job.
When my ISP failed, a lot of Targets were unresponsive..

 FPing: WARNING: smokeping took 493 seconds to complete 1 round of polling.
It should complete polling in 300 seconds..
 You may have unresponsive devices in your setup.

Is it possible ?   I just see one line for this alarm in my smokeping logs
but on my graphs, i see a blank for 1 or 2 hours...
So far, I have 94 targets which are using the Fping probes. Do I need to
reduce the offset ?

Best Regards,

Nicolas.