[smokeping-users] curl probe with alerts

G.W. Haywood ged at jubileegroup.co.uk
Thu Jul 12 09:42:13 CEST 2012

Hi there,

On Thu, 12 Jul 2012, Keith Pawson wrote:

> ... I don't understand the correct syntax required for pattern e.g.
> in Alerts I added something like this:
> +latency
> type = matcher
> edgetrigger = yes
> pattern = ????
> comment = web page is not responding
>
> Is this what I need to do or am I completely off track here?

Close, but no cigar. :)

AFAICT it's as documented.  This passes muster for me:

+latency
type = matcher
edgetrigger = yes
pattern = CheckLatency(l=>10,x=>3)
comment = TestingLatencyCheck

I don't know if it actually does anything.

Check in ../Smokeping.pm for the syntax check (search for the string
'pattern entry') and in .../Smokeping/matchers/CheckLatency.pm for
the installation of the matcher.  Some scary comments near the top
in my version. :)

73,
Ged.