[smokeping-users] 500 Error on Master crashes Slaves?

Jason Yates Jason.Yates at betfair.com
Tue Jul 17 13:01:00 CEST 2012

Thanks Darren & Ged.

For now I've updated the restart script that we use after changing configuration to prevent it being reloaded if --check fails

echo "Checking Config Syntax"
/opt/smokeping/bin/smokeping --check
RESULT=$?

if [ $RESULT -ne 0 ]; then
    echo "smokeping failed with code $RESULT - CHECK SYNTAX"
else
echo "Done. Reloading smokeping"
sudo -u apache /opt/smokeping/bin/smokeping --reload
echo "Done. Restarting Apache"
service httpd restart
echo "Done. Please check smokeping is running correctly"
fi

I do like the idea of storing hosts in a DB and re-generating the config file from that. We monitor somewhere in the region of 100 hosts so I'll look in to doing something similar.

Thanks for your help all.

Regards,
Jason Yates