[smokeping-users] ping from multiple interfaces

Kwame Bahena informatux at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 01:03:32 CEST 2012

Hi,

I have smokeping up and running (smokeping --version = 2.005001) and
the box where it's running I have 2 interfaces.

I'm looking to ping 1 host from eth0 and another host from eth1 but
I've not found documentation on how to do this.

I found that in the +FPing probe I can specify something like

+ FPing
binary = path/to/fping
etc
etc
etc
sourceaddress = the_ip_assigned_to_eth0

but when I define my targets all are pinged from the source address
specified in the sourceaddress field in the + FPing probe.

So the question is,

How can I define from which source ip should a target be pinged from?

Regards,
--
informatux