[smokeping-users] How to increase RRD history?

Gregory Sloop gregs at sloop.net
Mon Mar 5 17:57:04 CET 2012

GS> These aren't files - it's more that if you have hundreds or thousands
GS> of devices you're sampling, there's a lot of them.

Sorry Peter, I accidentally replied direct to you, as well as the
list...

Also, a typo above.

These aren't *huge* files - it's more that if you have hundreds or thousands
of devices you're sampling, there's a lot of them.

And I'll clarify about I/O - with that much disk activity, - writing
to thousands of files very often, your disk may not keep up. But you
would have enough space to store everything, if it could...

HTH

-Greg