[smokeping-users] how to enforce username/password logons to access smokeping

Darren Murphy darren at victoriajd.com
Thu Mar 22 06:34:34 CET 2012

Just as an aside to this - if you _are_ using HTTP authentication,
there is a trivial modification you can make to Smokeping.pm, that
will make the logged-in user name available for use in the HTML
template.

See https://github.com/mcdarren/SmokePing/commit/50333cf052a6fc2ed29f16639ac1d0c891978b38

With that change in place, you can then use something like the
following in basepage.html

<h3>Logged in as <##authuser##></h3>

cheers,
Darren

PS. Tobi - is this worth a pull request?