[smokeping-users] slaves and web servers

mail at lists.macscr.com mail at lists.macscr.com
Thu May 31 09:30:07 CEST 2012

Ok, I am thinking this is a permissions issue with apache not being
able to write to the rrd files, which is probably why the master works
fine, but its needed for slaves. First, how do I get smokeping to run as
a different user? This way i can add apache to its group. Right now its
just running as root. I installed smokeping from source from the site. I
am surprised these instructions arent part of the docs on the site. BTW,
my OS is CentOS 5.x.

Thanks!