[smokeping-users] slaves and web servers

mail at lists.macscr.com mail at lists.macscr.com
Thu May 31 11:32:37 CEST 2012

Oh its already running as root. Which is why im trying to find a way to
get it run as a different user. Extremely simple with ubuntu as it works
out the the box, but i dont see anything in my init script that would
make me think there was a "run as this user" option. I tried modifying
it like so, with no luck. Still runs as root:
http://pastie.org/private/8gkwxllyqhkr0swadr0aja

Also, since the master receives data through apache from the slaves, i
do think apache needs write access to the rrd files.