[smokeping-users] do slaves update their config automatic?

Bert Roelofsen Bert at samson-it.nl
Thu Nov 1 20:04:08 CET 2012

Hello to all!

Just asking, the docs seem to be a bit unclear. I have two slaves running smokeping and one master. For the slave to pick up the new config (for example an added target)  I have to restart smokeping on the slave. Is this normal behavior or  should every slave pick-up a new config when delivering it's results to the master. If the latest what would be the best approach to debug my failing system?

Master and slave 1 are Debain squeeze
Slave 2 is Ubuntu 12.04

Met vriendelijke groet,

Bert Roelofsen