[smokeping-users] Odd gem of an error.

Gregory Sloop gregs at sloop.net
Thu Apr 4 00:06:42 CEST 2013

Just ran across this one today.
Had a rasp-pi slave - and forgot to resize the disk and ran it out of
disk space. I resolved the disk-space error, but smokeping wouldn't
run.

When, when trying to start smokeping in slave mode I kept getting this
error:

"Can't kill a non-numeric process ID at /usr/share/perl5/Smokeping.pm
line 3657."

That would cause smokeping to fall over and not run.
After doing some tinkering, it appeared to be something wrong with the
--cache-dir.

So short and sweet version is: Rather than trying a bunch of stuff, I
just deleted everything in the cache-dir and tried again. Everything
ran fine then. [Nuke it from orbit, it's the only way to be sure!]

So, just in case someone else runs across the same error, there's a
start.

-Greg