[smokeping-users] Curl WARNING: curl exited with status 4

Tony DeMatteis tonyd at commspeed.net
Thu Apr 11 16:30:16 CEST 2013

I've been a smokeping user for several years; just built/migrated to a
new Smokeping server (from FreeBSD 7 to Ubuntu 12.04.02).  I'm getting
the error - "Curl: WARNING: curl exited with status 4 on
www.mydomain.net".  According to the manpage for curl, I'm not seeing an
exit code 4 ( http://linux.die.net/man/1/curl). However,
http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/libcurl-errors.html indicates:

CURLE_NOT_BUILT_IN (4)

A requested feature, protocol or option was not found built-in in this
libcurl due to a build-time decision. This means that a feature or
option was not enabled or explicitly disabled when libcurl was built and
in order to get it to function you have to get a rebuilt libcurl.

So I'm not sure how to resolve this.

td at smokeping1:/etc/smokeping# whereis curl
curl: /usr/bin/curl

+Curl

binary = /usr/bin/curl
forks = 5
offset = 50%
step = 300

+++ csweb
menu = Company Website
title = Company Website
probe = Curl
host = www.mydomain.net
agent = User-Agent: Lynx/2.8.4rel.1 libwww-FM/2.14 SSL-MM/1.4.1
OpenSSL/0.9.6c
follow_redirects = no
include_redirects = no
insecure_ssl = 1