[smokeping-users] Monitoring the connectivity

Bouni bouni at owee.de
Fri Dec 13 18:00:10 CET 2013

Hi Greg,

first of all thanks for your answer!
My problem is that my router looses its DSL synchronism to the Outdoor
DSLAM. (I can see that from the router logs)
It the needs about 30 Seconds to reconnect. Sometimes it takes hours,
but that's not often the case.
The short disconnects usually happen in short intervals which makes it
impossible to watch a youtube video or something like that.

But i think i write some small python script that pings some servers,
store the binary result and generate graphs from it using RRDtool.

But anyway, Smokeping works nice if it is used for what it is supposed
to do :)