[smokeping-users] Slave to Master connection over IPv6

Jester 2.0 jester2.0 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 30 21:21:45 CET 2013

I am setting up SmokePing with a master and 2 slaves.  During my
configuration, I ran into an issue that looks a bug.

I configured smokeping to connect to my master that has only an IPv6
address.  At startup, I get this error:

WARNING Master said 500 Can't connect to gold.example.net:80 (Bad hostname)

I then configured Slave to connect to a master that has both v4 and v6
address and the connection worked.  Watching the connection, I see that it
connected over v4, not v6 as it should prefer to.

Anyone else able to confirm this?