[smokeping-users] Smokeping FastCGI Woes

Simon Liang simonjai at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 07:01:38 CEST 2013

Hey,

They're actually on two separate blade servers. Smokeping poller is on a
server by itself, and the web is also on a server by itself. There is
absolutely nothing on them except Smokeping.

Could it be that over a period of time, smokeping_cgi is run in which it's
try to rebuild everything again?

I used to run everything all on one server, so when the config gets changed
I see the server lag a bit (assuming it's preparing everything again) and
then will come back. However this is shouldn't be the case, as the config
is only rsync'd to the web server when a restart on the poller is executed.

Cheers,
Simon