[smokeping-users] Problem finding the HTDocs file

Will Brocklebank will at facetofacedigital.com
Wed Sep 25 13:22:04 CEST 2013

Dear all - I am an enthusiastic noob so please forgive any inexperienced foolishness ;-)

I have progressed through the installation procedure on Raspbian and all seems to be running smoothly.

However, I have hit a problem with firing up the actual web interface. Specifically I do not understand these instructions:

"There is a sample htdocs directory in your smokeping installation root. Copy its content to the place where your webserver expects its files. There are also two sample cgi scripts showing how to launch the smokeping cgi in your website. The only difference is the file extension. Adjust the paths in the script and you should be ready to go."

I installed smokeping via apt-get on my Raspberry Pi and now I cannot find any htdocs directory either in the smokeping installation root (for clarity maybe someone could tell me exactly where this is so I can double-check but it isn't in /usr/etc/smokeping) and do not know how to move forward!

Thanks for all your help!

Will