[smokeping-users] Protecting site with .htaccess

Gregory Sloop gregs at sloop.net
Wed Aug 20 18:54:37 CEST 2014

This really isn't a smokeping question, and it's been so long since I've done this that I don't recall the details on how Apache handles it.

I'd do some google searches, or ask on a "newbie" apache list.
Here's a good place to start: http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/howto/auth.html
[I won't try to guess what's wrong - but a close review of your configs etc will probably get you there.]

Sorry I can't offer more.

-Greg

Nope the Apache version I’m running is 2.2.14.

David Thompson
Network Services Support Technician
(O) 858.357.8794
(F) 858-225-1882