[smokeping-users] edgetrigger

Philip Wehunt pwehunt at gmail.com
Fri Feb 21 05:42:49 CET 2014

I am currently building out our smokeping implementation and all is going fantastic. However, due to specific needs, I am piping alerts via edgetrigger to an external python script. I pulled my hair out for nearly five hours debugging my script because the 'cleared' argument was not firing my python script although the built in alerts would.  I then discovered with a two liner bash script that echo'd the args from smokeping that the expected '0' on cleared is not being passed--only the 1 when raised.

I did my due diligence searching the list archives and if course google. However, I was only able to find one mention of the issue but no fix or remedy.

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks!