[smokeping-users] Smokeping not working as intended on Raspbian

Jake Hall jake at thegeek.info
Wed Jan 28 23:57:21 CET 2015

Hi Eric,

I just ran attempted to locate a smokeping config file and found it hasn't been created automatically by the apt-get process, which is a little strange - no? This was a fresh Raspbian installation so I am a little unsure as to how it has happened.

I think tried to generate some example files via commandline using smokeping --gen-examples, got a separate File not found this time

pi at raspberrypi ~ $ smokeping --gen-examples
Generating example files...
open template configuration file ../etc/config.dist for reading: No such file or directory at /usr/share/perl5/Smokeping/Examples.pm line 74.

Am I missing something really fundamental here?

Regards,
Jake