[smokeping-users] Smokeping not working as intended on Raspbian

Niko Tyni ntyni at debian.org
Thu Jan 29 08:11:32 CET 2015

On Wed, Jan 28, 2015 at 10:57:21PM +0000, Jake Hall wrote:

> I just ran attempted to locate a smokeping config file and found it hasn't been created automatically by the apt-get process, which is a little strange - no? This was a fresh Raspbian installation so I am a little unsure as to how it has happened.

I expect this is https://bugs.debian.org/707225 : the default
configuration file location is wrong in the daemon program, and it only
works because the init script starts it with an explicit path. This was
fixed in 2.6.9-1 but you probably have an older version.

Manually running

 smokeping --config /etc/smokeping/config --debug

or something like that might get you further.
Niko Tyni   ntyni at debian.org