[smokeping-users] smokeping2.6.11 -- 500 internal server error

Gregory Sloop gregs at sloop.net
Thu Jul 2 21:33:57 CEST 2015

1) Set SEL to permissive or disable. [At least for testing.]
(I'm not sure what you did about SEL, but do the above if you haven't already.)

2) Who owns/has permissions for the CGI? root only? Make sure Apache can serve it. [i.e. has permissions.]

Watching/reviewing the log files for Apache, and/or the debug output from smokeping is almost always quite useful. [And if you can't find what's wrong after doing so, that's the next thing I'd ask you for...]

Your problem, while not related to RRD read/writes [the typical problem for most people], still looks like a permissions issue to me - but the apache logs should tell you something.

Also, see the general FAQ that solves most problems:
https://github.com/oetiker/SmokePing/wiki/FAQ

Once you have a base setup working, then you can turn SEL back on, if you like.

-Greg

thx,
I tried that and also ran through the steps posted on http://www.wedebugyou.com/2012/11/how-to-install-and-configure-smokeping-on-centos-6/

at this point this is the error that now pops up in the logs:

 (104)Connection reset by peer: mod_fcgid: error reading data from FastCGI server
 Premature end of script headers: smokeping.fcgi

has anyone seen this?  thx