[smokeping-users] Getting a little bit lost on a Master/Slave Configuration

David Thompson dthompson at esi-estech.com
Thu Mar 12 23:37:13 CET 2015

I’m following what online documentation I can find but I’m getting the
following error when attempting to start the Smokeping service on the slave.

WARNING: I don't know the slave nyj-sandbox01 ignoring it

ERROR: we did not get config from the master. Maybe we are not configured
as a slave for any of the targets on the master ?

Running a PCAP on the Master shows that there was some communication going
on and it’s clearly attempting to pull down the master server
configuration. I followed the instructions here
http://bejoybkn.blogspot.com/2012/06/installing-and-configuring-smokeping.html
are his instructions not correct?

David Thompson
Network Services Support Technician