[smokeping-users] cisco, ssh

Russell Dwarshuis rjd at merit.edu
Tue Mar 24 15:20:29 CET 2015

Your are not including the password parameter in Net::SSH::Expect->new so the module will try to use the files in your ~/.ssh directory.  If you are running smokeping as a different user, the files are probably not there or contain the wrong information.

I see you are trying to send the password with $ssh->waitfor('word:') and $ssh->exec("$pssword").  Remove that and include password => $pssword in Net::SSH::Expect->new and it will log in for you.  If that doesn't work, the prompts that the module looks for to log in may need to be changed from deafult.  See string login() in the documentation.

Russell Dwarshuis
Application Programmer/Analyst Senior
Merit Network